5 Secrets to Stop Skin Aging on its Track
Aging is a part of life however when it comes to skin aging this natural process can be slowed down. With the right caring for your skin you can avoid dark spots, blemishes, wrinkles and fine lines. You can even prevent acne breakouts. So how can you achieve a healthy, smooth and young looking skin? It’s quite easy actually.
Just remember to follow the 5 Dos of skin care.
- Do wash your face twice a day. You should remove dirt, dust and excess oil on your face by simply washing with a mild facial cleanser and lukewarm water. Wash your face once in the morning and before going to bed.
- Do stop your bad habits. Bad habits include smoking. Smoking actually constricts the blood vessels on the upper layer of the skin blocking the circulation of oxygen. It also reduces your body’s production of collagen.
Without oxygen and collagen your skin will lose its elasticity and smooth texture. If you don’t want to end up with rough skin stop lighting a cigarette. Do your best to quit as soon as possible and start cutting down on your smoking now. You should also minimise your alcohol consumption as it dehydrates the skin. You will avoid having dry skin if you cut down or totally cut out alcohol intake.
- Do apply moisturiser on your skin. Your skin loses its moisture everyday due to exposure to elements and sweating. When you wash your face, take a shower or bathe, the skin is robbed of its natural oil. You should use Argan oil as your moisturiser.
The Argan oil has many skin beneficial components such as Vitamin E, Ferulic acid, unsaturated essential fatty acids, Sterols, Carotenoids and Polyphenols. These components give the oil its moisturising and anti skin aging properties. It is best to apply moisturiser when the skin is still damp from washing.
- Do apply sun protection lotion everyday. The skin receives the most battering from the sun. Did you know that exposure to the sun’s UV rays is actually the leading cause of skin aging? The UV rays from the sun actually penetrate the skin deep down destroying collagen.
If you want to avoid having that leathery and wrinkly skin, apply sunscreen lotion every time you are going out the house. Don’t ever make the mistake of protecting your skin against the sun only when you are out enjoying the beach, or out on a sunny day. Even when it is cloudy the UV rays can pass through thick clouds and do the damage to your skin.
Remember to put on sunscreen protection anytime you are expecting to leave your house whether it’s a sunny or cloudy day. Did you know that even during winter time you are still exposed to the sun? In fact if you go out on a winter day without sunscreen protection on, it would only take 20 minutes for the harmful rays of the sun to damage your skin.
You should also shield your car windows as even when you are inside your car you are still exposed from the harmful rays of the sun. If you do not have window shields for your car yet scurry to get window shields installed.
- Do drink plenty of water everyday. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking 8 to 10 glasses daily.
In just 5 steps you can easily delay the onset of skin aging!
- Stop Wrinkles on Its Track with the Right Diet and Argan Oil
- Worry No More about Skin Aging with these Helpful Tips
- How You Can Win the Fight against Skin Aging
- Ways to Prevent Premature Aging with Antioxidants
- Is Your Skin Care Regimen On the Right Track?
Filed Under: Argan & Anti-Aging