A Deeper Look at Acne Facial Scars
It is safe to assume that millions of people all around the world wear the marks of acne breakouts. Acne seems like a double punishment as breakouts usually occur when one reaches adolescent years and we all know how tough life can be during this stage in our lives and on top of this scars or marks seems to be bent on staying on your face forever to serve as a constant reminder.
Whether we admit it or not acne scars can really leave a sting. They crush our self-confidence and the scars are really not that attractive to look at. Hats off to you, if you have much strength and confidence in yourself that you are not negatively affected by acne scars. But to most of us, the truth is acne scars do impact negatively our self-confidence. Is there any hope left? The good news is, yes there is!
Just like any other scars, acne scars come about because of an injury or wound. When the skin heals itself, a scar forms.
If the dermis gets damaged scarring would occur. In the case
of acne, scars happen because of the skin lesions that are inflamed. Did you know that there are different types of acne facial scars?
Various Types of Acne Facial Scars
- Boxcar Scars – If you are wondering how this type of acne facial scar looks like, they are the wide, oval or round depressions having steep sides. Boxcar scars happen when the acne breakout damages the collagen which leads to the loss of tissue. The best treatment for boxcar scars are laser resurfacing, dermal fillers or punch elevation.
- Ice Pick Scars – If you have the deep and narrow scars from acne then you have what are called ice pick scars. This type of acne scar is because of a deeper infection. Usually the punch elevation treatment is what’s used for this type of scar.
- Rolling Scars – You may feel like rolling in the deep when you have this type of acne facial scar. Rolling scars look like waves and the treatment often used for this is subcision. This process involves removing the scar from the inner tissue which would then let blood pool under the scar which would result in to the waves having a more level or flat appearance.
- Keloid – This type of scar is the bright red and raised ones. They are usually found on other parts of the body but they do appear on the face as well. The bad news about this type of scar is that they usually grow larger than the wound which caused them because of too much collagen produced as a response to the acne breakout. Laser treatment, injections and cortisone creams are often used to treat such scar.
Moroccan Argan Oil for Acne Scars
If you want a more naturaland non invasive acne scar treatment, you can use the Moroccan Argan oil. The Moroccan Argan oil can help prevent and reduce the appearance of acne scars because of its high content of Vitamin E. It also has Prostaglandins which help skin cells develop and grow and Sterols which nourishes skin cell membranes, reduce inflammation and improve the natural processes of skin metabolism.
- Is Argan Oil Effective Against Acne Scars?
- Bothered with Acne and Acne Scars? Use Argan Oil!
- Effectively Removing Acne Scars With Argan Oil!
- Avoid Getting the Title of Ms Acne Scars!
- How to Successfully Get Rid of Acne Scars
Filed Under: Argan & Acné