A Healthy and Nutty Twist on Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs is definitely a best seller meal for kids! Is your child celebrating his or her birthday soon? Why not make it more special by actually taking care of preparing the meals for the party. Okay, maybe not all of the meals if you are just starting off discovering your culinary skills. But a sure shot winner that you can easily whip up in your kitchen is spaghetti and meatballs.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Here is the list of ingredients you need.
This recipe serves 4. Your child’s birthday party would have more than 4 guests so just do the necessary tweaking.
- Spaghetti – 1 pound
- Salt – To give the pasta taste, you’ll need to put some salt in the pasta water.
For the Meatballs
- Ground Sirloin – 1 1/4 pounds will do.
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Egg – Just 1 beaten egg
- Italian bread crumbs – Grab 2 handfuls or if you are the measuring type half a cup will do.
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese – A quarter cup will do.
- Garlic – You’ll need 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
- Moroccan Argan Oil – Drizzle a healthy boost to your meatballs with this antioxidant and essential fatty acids – packed oil.
For the Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – You’ll need about 2 tablespoons.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Half a teaspoon will do. But you can do away without this ingredient since some kids can not take even a small hint of spicy taste.
- Garlic – 4 cloves of chopped garlic will do.
- Onion – You’ll need just a small one. Have it finely chopped.
- Beef stock – Just a cup will do.
- Crushed Tomatoes – A can of 28-ouncer.
- Chopped Flat-leaf parsley – You’ll need just a handful.
- Fresh Basil Leaves – About 10 leaves. Tearor slice them thinly.
Let’s Get Busy
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Then boil a pot of water for the spaghetti. Once the water boils put in salt and the pasta. Cook to al dente!
Combine the beef, worcestershire sauce, egg, bread crumbs, your cheese, garlic plus the salt and pepper. Start rolling the meat to medium sized balls about 1 1/2 thick. Place the balls in a nonstick cookie sheet or you can use your olive oil to grease the cookie sheet with. Bake the balls for about 10 – 12 minutes or until no pink remains. Drizzle the balls with Moroccan Argan oil for that nutty taste and healthy boost.
Get a deep skillet and heat it over medium heat. Put in your oil, crushed pepper, garlic and onions then saute for about 7 minutes or once the onions are soft. Pour in the beef stock, crushed tomatoes and your herbs. Let it simmer and cook for 10 more minutes.
Start tossing the drained pasta on a few ladles of the sauce you just made and add in grated cheese. Put in the meatballs in the sauce you left behind and you are ready to serve. Remember to place the meatballs on top of the spaghetti. Pour in some extra sauce on top of the balls and some more grated cheese!
- Make Your Mom Feel Special this Mother’s Day! Cook for Her!
- Balsamic Pork Chops on the Nutty Side!
- Let Your Kitchen Mend Your Broken Heart
- Light, Healthy and Tasty Recipe! (St. Peter’s Fish)
- Say No More to Ordinary Pot Roast
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil