Baked and Stuffed Pork Chops
Pork chops are absolutely delicious! You can bake, fry, barbecue and grill them! Men love eating pork chops but don’t cut out the women as they too love having bite after bite of this sumptuous piece of meat. I may be sounding too excited about pork chops now which probably is already a give away on how much I love pork chops! But enough about my craziness over pork chops. Let me pull myself together and share with you a recipe I came across with on the net. To no surprise, this is a recipe for pork chops!
The Great Pork Chops Recipe
You have to take my word that with this pork chops recipe you would have a hard time stopping taking a bite or even share. Maybe the share part is just me.
What You Will Need
- Pork Loin Chops – You will need about 1 and 1/2 pounds of pork chops, about an inch thick.
- Lime juice – About 2 tablespoons will do. If you don’t have lime juice, you can do away with lemon juice.
- Cracker Crumbs – You will need about 3 and 2/3 cups of crackers. You’ll have to coarsely crumble them.
- Fresh Mushrooms – You will need 6 ounces or 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms.
- Scallions – If you are wondering what scallions are they are the green onions. 3 medium to large ones will do. Have them finely chopped.
- Dijon style mustard – About 1 tablespoon will do.
- Dried Parsley Flakes – You will need 1 tablespoon of this spice.
- Argan oil – A tablespoonful or 2 will do for that extra nutty taste.
Now that you have the ingredients let’s get on with preparing this really delicious pork chops.
The Cooking Part
- Preheat oven – The first thing you’ll need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For those who are more used to the Celsius temperature, all you need to do to get the Celsius equivalent is remember this equation. Temp in Fahrenheit minus 32 multiply by 5 then divide by 9. So 350 degrees Fahrenheit in Celsius is 176.66 degrees to be exact. I probably have revealed that I am a geek as well with this tip. After the temperature conversion exercise, let us move on to the next step.
- Coat the Baking Dish – Grab your baking dish and coat it with cooking spray. A 9 x 13-inch baking dish is what you will need.
- Brush Chops with Lime Juice – Remember to brush both sides of all your chops. After the chops have been brushed with lime juice, lay them in the baking dish.
- The Stuffing – Grab a medium bowl and combine all the remaining ingredients except the Argan oil. Mix them well and once done spoon over your chops.
- Let’s Get Baking – Bake your chops for about 40 to 45 minutes. If the chops need more cooking, bake them some more until thoroughly cooked!
- Drizzle Argan Oil – Before serving, drizzle Argan oil on the chops for that added nutty flavour.
It’s best to eat the chops while still hot and fresh from the oven. But I probably don’t need to even tell you this as you won’t be able to wait long enough to get a taste of these chops!
- Pineapple Baked Ham: A Must Have on Christmas Dinners
- Healthy Cooking Techniques: Cook Your Way to Good Health!
- A Healthier Fried Chicken
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil