Can You Tell a Skin Care Fact from Fiction?
Every country has its own myths and legends. We have heard stories about monsters in the closet or in the water fairies, witches, giants, elves, leprechauns and many other things. Some are very convinced that these things are true while many just regard them as the creation of very imaginative minds.
When it comes to skin care there are also myths and legends that many people still believe and strictly follow. So do you think you are not following any skin care myth? We have listed here skin care myths that are commonly considered as facts by many.
Skin Care Myths
You may not know it but you may be believing a myth in skin care.
- Myth Number 1. It is perfectly okay to use the same skin care products you have in your skin care regimen ten years ago. This is definitely a myth. You should understand that your skin changes overtime.
In your teenage years your skin may have been oily since this is the time when your hormones go berserk causing your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum. By the time you reach the age of 30 or 40, your skin would produce less oil and possibly you may have a dry skin type. The opposite can happen as well. So when it comes to deciding on your collection of skin care products, it is best to reassess first what type of skin and skin concerns you currently have and start from there on
- Myth Number 2. Leaving facial masks overnight makes them more effective. These facial masks sold in the market contain powerful ingredients. Leaving them longer than the intended time may irritate your skin. Instead of getting that refreshed and renewed feeling on your skin after a mask, you may get breakouts instead. Instructions are printed in these products for a reason. And that is for consumers to follow them.
- Myth Number 3. If you apply more anti-aging cream on your skin, the better would be the results. Yet another myth that many still believe. Applying too much of anti-aging creams in your skin may result to redness, irritation, inflammation and peeling.
- Myth Number 4. Sunscreen lotion is only for the summertime or when going to the beach. This is a deadly myth that must be squashed. The sun’s UVA and UVB rays are damaging to our skin. Not only do we get wrinkles, fine lines and age spots from exposure to the sun but prolonged and unprotected sun exposure can also get you skin cancer. Make it a habit to apply sunscreen lotion everyday.
Here is a Helpful Fact for Your Skin
After reading these skin care myths, it is time that you hear a helpful fact for your skin. Have you heard about the Moroccan Argan oil? Many people are actually fighting over this oil. If you have not started using the oil on your skin, then your skin is missing a lot.
The Moroccan Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E which is a great moisturiser and a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants protect the skin cells from getting damaged by free radicals. Other antioxidants present in the oil are Ferulic acid and Polyphenols. It also contains essential fatty acids or EFAs. EFAs are known to prevent premature skin aging and promote healthy skin.
- Summer’s Near! Are You Still Believing Sun Protection Myths?!
- Caring for the Skin is Not Just About Skin Care Products
- Debunking the Most Common Tanning Myths
- Been Believing an Acne Myth?
- Stop Acne and Acne Myths from Spreading
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare