Chicken Scallopini: Savour a Great Italian Dish!
Italians are known for coming up with simple yet very tasty dishes. Although I am not Italian my tastebuds are! This spring season feed your palate with a sumptous dish! It is time for some Chicken Scallopini.
First off let us get to know what scallopini means. Scallopini is the Italian’s fancy way of saying pounding meat until it’s about an inch thick. The reason why you need to do some pounding is quicker cooking. In this modern time, we need to get things done quicker and faster than ever before. With this Chicken Scallopini recipe, you only need to spend 25 minutes in your kitchen and your meal is ready!
Chicken Scallopini Recipe
So are you ready to give your chicken some scallopini loving? It’s time to shop for the ingredients you would need.
- Chicken – You will need the breast part and remember to have the skin off. If you are serving for 4, then get 4 halved pieces.
- All-Purpose Flour – You will need about a quarter cup.
- Salt – A quarter teaspoon is all you would need.
- Butter – Use only about 4 tablespoons. Choose the no sodium and no cholesterol butter.
- Chicken Broth or Dry White Wine – Half a cup is all you would need.
- Green Onions – You will need only a quarter cup of sliced onions.
- Fresh Herbs – Half a cup of fresh herbs. You can have a mix of oregano, thyme, mint and other of your favourite herbs.
- Pepper – A quarter teaspoon of coarsely ground pepper.
- Asparagus – Add some grilled or steamed asparagus as a side dish.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – About 1 – 2 tablespoons is enough.
- First step is to give your chicken breasts some pounding. Just get 2 pieces of plastic wraps and have the chicken in between them. Get your mallet and start pouning lightly starting off from the middle then moving on to the edges.
- Get a shallow dish and start mixing your flour and salt and once done start coating the chicken pieces with it.
- Get your skillet and start melting 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. Put in the chicken once the butter has melted and cook until the chicken is tender. This would take about 6 – 8 minutes turning them over one time. Get your serving platter and set the chicken aside first. Keep the chicken warm by covering them.
- Back to the skillet, pour the wine or broth and add the onions. Cook while stirring for a minute making sure to scrape browned bits left in the skillet. Continue to reduce the liquid by cooking for a minute more. Once done whisk in the remaining butter until it melts. Lastly, put in the fresh herbs. If you used white wine you would need an extra 1/8 teaspoon salt to finish the chicken sauce.
- Drizzle the wine sauce on the chicken as well as the Moroccan Argan oil and serve! You can serve with grilled or steamed asparagus!
- Spice Up Your Chicken Wings!
- I Think I’m Turning Asian Chicken Recipe
- Braised Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Absolutely Delicious Chicken Wings!
- A Healthier Fried Chicken
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil