Do You Fancy a Filet Mignon Steak?
A fancy dinner in a restaurant would usually be steak for many. Most restaurants put a pricey tab on their steak meals and no matter how steep the price is many would not deny their tastebuds a delicious steak meal. But did you know that you can actually cook up a tasty steak meal from your very own kitchen? The great thing about a home cooked steak meal is that it wouldn’t be too tough on your wallet!
The very sound of filet mignon is fancy enough to drill a hole in your bank account. But you would be happy to know that the filet mignon you so love eating in your favourite fancy restaurant is easy to prepare and not as costly as what you see on most restaurants.
What You Will Need
- Filet Mignon Steaks – If you have 3 friends coming over, get 4 pieces of filet mignon steaks about 1 and 1/4-inch thick. 4 pieces of this size is usually 6 to 8 ounces.
- Salt – A quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – A quarter teaspoon is all you would need.
- Bacon – You will only need 4 slices.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will use this as a drizzle. Do not cut this ingredient out as this oil adds a delicious nutty taste to your filet mignon. This oil is also loaded with healthy nutrients that benefit the body immensely such as unsaturated essential fatty acids and natural antioxidants.
You will need to make a Dijon Herb Butter.
Ingredients for the Dijon Herb Butter
- A stick or half a cup of softened butter.
- A tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- A tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped.
- 1/8 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
Making the Dijon Herb Butter
- Get a bowl large enough for all the ingredients for the Dijon herb butter.
- Mix the butter, mustard, parsey and the cracked pepper.
- Once you have mixed the ingredients well, place it on a container and allow it to chill in the fridge.
Once you are done preparing the Dijon Herb Butter, have all your attention to preparing the filet mignon steaks.
Preparing the Filet Mignon
- Step 1. The first thing you will need to do is preheat your broiler.
- Step 2. Start seasoning your filet mignon steaks with salt and pepper.
- Step 3. Cook the bacon slices on medium high heat. Don’t make the bacon crispy. Just have them lightly browned. You don’t need to use oil in cooking bacon. Just add enough water to cover the bacon and once the water evaporates, the bacon would start releasing its own oil.
- Step 4. Wrap each filet mignon steak with one strip of bacon. Use a wooden toothpick in securing the bacon on the steak.
- Step 5. Put the bacon-wrapped steaks on a broiler pan or you could use a rimmed baking sheet instead. If you want your steak medium rare, broil the steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Step 6. On to the plating part! Serve your delicious filet mignon as you see in fancy restaurants. Remove the toothpick and place the steak on the centre of the plate. Scoop out dijon herb butter and add as a topping on each steak.
- Step 7. Drizzle the filet mignon steaks with Moroccan Argan oil right before serving.
Use only a few drops on each steak as this oil has a strong nutty flavour.
Pretty fancy for a home-cooked meal right?!
- Let Your Kitchen Mend Your Broken Heart
- Appetizing Bacon-Hugged Scallops
- Spice Up Your Chicken Wings!
- Baked Salmon Fillets with Moroccan Argan Oil
- Crazy Over Fish and Chips
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil