Eat Healthy for Your Little Bun in the Oven!
Expecting mothers have lots of things in their mind and lots to juggle in their hands. Between the morning sickness, the incessant cravings and the emotional turmoil due to hormonal imbalance they are busy with getting the baby’s room ready, buying baby clothes and making sure that the baby inside their womb is healthy. Here are some ideal food items for expecting mothers!
- Eggs – Loaded with protein, folate, iron and omega 3 fatty acids, eggs are very nutritious and essential for the baby’s development. Don’t like eating the yolk? Well, you should seriously reconsider! The yolk holds most of the crucial vitamins and minerals such as choline which are key players in the baby’s brain development. Keep in mind to cook the eggs fully as raw eggs can still carry Salmonella which you would not want to get. So say no to runny eggs. They should be fully cooked.
- Strawberries – Packed with Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants strawberries are definitely ideal for expctant moms and the little bun in the oven! However you should be watchful where you get your strawberries from. It is best to get them from organic markets so that they do not have any pesticide residue! If you are not too fond of strawberries, you can munch on blueberries or blackberries instead. Balckberries and blueberries carry almost the same nutrients as strawberries!
- Spinach – You may have hated those times when your mother made you eat spinach but it is time that you follow your mother’s advice and eat this healthy leafy vegetable! Spinach is packed with folate and folate helps prevent the congenital disorder referred to as spina bifida. You will get a whole lot of iron from spinach and iron is a nutrient that pregnant women needs 40% more of. Meats are great sources of iron and the body absorbs iron best from them however spinach paired with foods packed with Vitamin C will help the body absorb iron even more.
- Culinary Argan Oil – It would be ideal to prepare salads of leafy greens tossed with bell peppers or strawberries. For a more potent dose of nutrients, drizzle your salad with the culinary Moroccan Argan oil. This oil from Morocco is loaded with unsaturated essential fatty acids which promote brain development and antioxidants such as Vitamin E which help boost the immune system.
- Yogurt – A cupful of nonfat yogurt a day will help boost your calcium intake! As an expectant mother you definitely need a higher intake of calcium. Calcium is crucial for you and your baby to have healthy bones and teeth. Calcium may also prevent preeclampsia. This is a condition wherein pregnant women experience having hypertension due to having a high amount of protein in the urine.
- Vitamins For Healthy Nails
- Feed Your Kids Healthy Meals!
- A Very Healthy Salad Recipe!
- What You Need to Eat for Gorgeous Hair
- Nutrients Your Hair Needs
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil