Game Set and Perfect Skin
If you play tennis, whether by profession or passion, then you need to start caring for your skin more than ever. This is because your skin would be exposed to harsh elements while you are out swinging your racquet and hitting balls. This is most especially if you play tennis on outdoor courts. Although don’t get too relaxed about your skin care regimen when you play on indoor tennis courts. Your skin can still get a harsh beating even when playing tennis in covered courts.
The Smashing Skin Care Tips
- Love sunscreen lotion! Before you hit the court and practice your ground strokes you should see to it that you have applied sunscreen lotion to your skin. Make sure that the sun protection lotion you are using has an SPF of at least 15. Since you would be sweating profusely (especially if you are playing on an outdoor tennis court) it would be best to use a water resistant sunscreen lotion. Apply at least 15 minutes before going out of your house.
Be sure to carry in your tennis racquet bag the sunscreen lotion as you would need to reapply after at least 2 hours or after sweating a lot. Your tennis match may last for more than 2 hours or you may want to play another game after the first. In women’s professional tennis tournaments (WTA and Major Slams) it is now very common to see women’s matches lasting for even more than 3 hours.
- Use protective clothing! It is best to cover as much skin area as possible but of course only to a point that you are very comfortable and you will not feel constricted with movements. Use a cap and clothes in white or light colours.
- Moisturise the skin daily! With all that running around the court and swinging of your racquet to make those down the line and cross court forehands as well as winning backhand shots, defensive lob, drop shots, volleys, smash and some more running and scurrying before the winning point (and that’s just to have the score of 15-Love on the first game of the first set) your skin has been losing its essential oils which serve as its natural moisturiser from all that sweating. The elements also strip the skin of its essential oils making it so dry and ready to crack. To avoid dry, flaky and cracked skin apply moisturiser to the skin daily. It is best to apply moisturiser to the skin after bathing when the skin is still damp.
It is best to use Argan oil in moisturising the skin. This is packed not just moisturising components such as Sterols and skin nourishing components such as Vitamin E, essential unsaturated fatty acids and Prostaglandins. It also has loads of antioxidants and components such as Ferulic acid and Carotenoids that protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays and free radicals as well as slow down the process of skin aging.
Look smashing when winning those points, games, sets and matches on the tennis court with these skin care tips.
- Show Off Your Gorgeous and Healthy Skin this Summer Season!
- A Simple Guide to Perfect Skin
- 3 Summer Skin Care Tips You Should Follow
- Teach Your Children the Importance of Caring for the Skin!
- The Truth about Skin Care
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare