Get Warmed Up with Brunswick Stew
Whether it was in Georgia or Virginia that Brunswick Stew originated from, many would agree when I say that this stew is definitely oh so yummy! Let us not debate the roots of the Brunswick Stew as most probably the outcome of doing so would not be as friendly as many hope it would be. Those who say it’s Georgian and those who say it’s Virginian can agree to disagree. I don’t stress much about this stew’s origin. What’s most important to me is that I enjoy the delicious taste of this stew.
The cold weather that still prevails is calling for some hot stew fresh from the pot. The Brunswick Stew is something that you, your family and friends would enjoy. It gives you that warm feeling after just a taste. Whether you say it’s from Georgia or from Virginia, here is a recipe for the Brunswick Stew.
If you are planning to surprise your loved ones with hot and tasty supper, the Brunswick Stew is a winner dish to serve. With under 1 and a half hours to cook this dish, you definitely have time still to prepare the table and get yourself ready for dinner as well. Before anything else, it’s time to go out and shop for the stew’s ingredients!
What You Will Need
- Pork – If you are serving for 8 people including yourself then 2 pounds of stew pork meat is enough. Have the fats trimmed.
- Beef – A pound of stew beef meat is enough. Don’t forget to trim out the fats.
- Condensed Chicken Broth – You will need 2 cans of the 10 and 1/2-ouncer.
- Cream-style Corn – Get a can of the 15-ouncer.
- Whole Tomatoes – You’ll need a can of the undrained 14 and 1/2-ouncer.
- Potatoes – Get 2 baking potatoes of medium size. You’ll need to have them quartered.
- Onion – You’ll need a large one. Just chop the onion coarsely.
- Cayenne Pepper – A quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Catsup – You’ll need about 2 cups.
- White Vinegar – About a quarter cup is enough.
- Worcestershire sauce – Just 2 tablespoons is all you’ll need.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – Just 2 tablespoons is enough. You’ll add the oil as a drizzle right before serving. This oil is packed with health boosting nutrients such as essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and other antioxidants. The nutty flavour is a tasty addition to the dish.
- Water – Have 5 Cups of water ready.
Cooking the Stew
- Get your pot ready and put in your meat and the rest of the ingredients except for the oil, catsup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the pot on your stove and set the heat to high. Let it boil. Once it is boiling turn down the heat to medium-low and allow the stew to simmer for about an hour or so or once your meat and potatoes are tender. You’ll have to stir from time to time.
- Now have your food processor ready and batch by batch, process the stew until everything is finely chopped. Once done, pour the processes stew back in the pot.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients except for the Argan oil. Cook the processed stew over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Right before serving drizzle the Argan oil on the Brunswick stew for that extra yummy taste.
- A Hearty Lamb Stew Recipe
- Warm Up Your Winter Dinners with a Cozy Beef Stew
- Heart Warming Chicken Stew
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil