How to Boost Your Child’s Immune System
If you’re a parent you would know that your child’s health is wealth. Taking care of your child and having him or her healthy is more than any amount of money can buy. This is the reason why every parent should know more about a child’s immune system and more important, know how to boost it to its best working condition. Just what is the immune system and how does it work? What can you do to help it do its job and help keep your child healthy? Read on and learn more about the immune system.
The Immune System
Within an organism a system of biological structures and processes work together to fight diseases, pathogens, and tumor cells. This is called the immune system. Every human being is in need of a good and working immune system to ward off various sickness and illness. If your child has been getting sick a lot or if you fear having to one day deal with this situation then giving your child’s immune system a boost is necessary.
Ways to boost your child’s immune system
- Vitamin C – topping the list of immune system boosters that kids need is vitamin C. It is available in a lot of natural fruits and vegetables. You may also buy inexpensive vitamin C supplements for your kids. There are many chewable vitamin Cs out in the market today. Children below 6 years would benefit from 250mg a day while adults can have 500mgs and up. Vitamin Cs helps to increase the production of white blood cells in the body. These white blood cells are infection fighting and helps the immune system. Vitamin C also increases antibodies and specifically helps the antibody that coats cell surfaces (interferon) which helps prevent the entry of viruses.
- Vitamin E – another important factor to one’s healthy immune system, vitamin E helps stimulate the production of cells that kill germs and cancer cells. It is helpful to get enough vitamin E in the body to strengthen these warrior cells that keep the body healthy. Aside from this, vitamin E is also well known for its ability to lower cholesterol and decrease the speed of the aging process. Natural foods also contain vitamin E. You may also want to get supplements to get enough vitamin E. Natural oils like argan oil (culinary type) may also be infused in daily food to get vitamin E. Argan oil is well known to have high contents of vitamin E. Adding this oil to food and even salad dressings could give the body that needed boost to fight off diseases and sickness.
- Omega 3 fatty acids. It’s not just good for adults but for kids as well. There will be lesser respiratory problems and better health conditions. You can get supplements for omega 3 but you can also get it from the freshest and healthiest fish. Teach your kids to love fish like salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel. The more they eat of these the more omega 3 they’ll have in their bodies and the stronger their immune system will be.
Boosting your child’s immune system needs healthy foods and if necessary, supplementation. Keep your child’s immune system healthy and have them missing school less often.
- Wonderful Ways to Help Your Child Beat Obesity
- Giving Your Child Natural Eczema Treatment
- Important Facts about UV Radiation from the Sun
- Essential Fatty Acids, Just What Are their Benefits?
Filed Under: Argan Oil in General