How to Do Your Own Pedicure
Your trips to the nail salon for a pedicure can pile up and cost you a good deal of money in a year. If you want to keep your feet looking good for a lesser cost, you can start doing your own pedicure. You only need a few things to get you started.
At-Home Pedicure Essentials
Here are the things you’ll need.
- A pair of nail clippers
- cotton pads
- nail polish remover
- Argan oil or any essential oil
- cuticle cream or oil
- a nail file
- a loofah
- a foot scrub
Now that you have the things you’ll need, you are ready to do your own pedicure. Here’s how.
How to Do Your Own Pedicure
Here is a step by step guide for at home pedicure.
- Trim and Shape the Nails – The first step is to trim and shape the nails. If you have old polish on your nails, use a nail polish remover to remove it before giving your nails a trim. When trimming your nails, remember to cut straight across and avoid cutting the corners too much to avoid having to deal with the pain of ingrowns. Your nail file comes in handy for getting the shape that you desire for your nails.
- Soak Your Toenails – After trimming your nails, it’s time to soak your feet. A nice foot bath is in order. If you don’t have a foot tub, a basin that will fit your two feet is a good substitute. Pour in warm water and add a few drops of Argan oil or any essential oil that you like. To give your feet a relaxing massage, put in some small pebbles to the tub. Put your feet in and let them soak for about 20 minutes. Once done, dry your feet using a clean towel.
- Exfoliate – After soaking your feet and drying them, it is time to exfoliate. Grab your cuticle cream (the Argan oil will do) and rub some at the base of each toe nail. Allow it to soak for a few minutes. Grab your foot scrub and start scrubbing firmly (but not too hard) to get rid of all dry and dead skin cells that have accumulated on your feet. Wipe away the cuticle cream and using a cuticle stick or pusher, push the cuticles back gently.
- Moisturize Your Feet and Nails – After scrubbing your feet, wash them clean. The next step is to moisturize your feet and nails. Keeping your feet moisturized keeps the skin on your feet soft, hydrated and protected from cracking. Apply a generous amount of moisturizer or the Argan oil on your feet and nails then start giving each foot a good massage. Giving your feet regular massages will help stimulate nerve endings and improve blood circulation therefore nourishing the skin and muscles in your feet.
- Time for Some Nail Art – The last step is to give your nails some art. Paint your nails using the color that you want. Don’t forget to have a base coat applied and dried first before painting your nails with the polish of your choice. To make your polish last longer, paint a second coating after the first coat iof polish has dried up. It is also best to choose a nail polish without the toxic trio.
Ready to do your own pedicure?
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.
Filed Under: Argan & Nails