How to Love Your Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body. You would think that the skin is merely a part of the body but it is not. It is categorized as an organ and for good reason. The word organ which comes from the Latin word organum literally means instrument or tool. It is defined as a collection of tissues which are joined together to serve a common function. The skin is made up of layers of ectodermal tissues and is the biggest organ of the integumentary system.
Functions of the skin:
- The skin serves as a protection for the body. It becomes a barrier for pathogens and it helps protect both the internal and external parts of the body. It helps guard other organs, muscles, bones, and ligaments.
- The skin gives the body the sense of sensation. Sensation from heat, cold, vibration, touch, and pressure is produced by the skin.
- The skin helps regulate heat in the body. The skin of the body helps to reduce cutaneous blood flow and generally helps the body conserve heat.
- The skin prevents excessive fluid loss in the body.
- The skin is a good storage for lipids and water which are essential to the body.
- It absorbs extremely important oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide from the environment.
- It is also a wonderful water resistant. It helps the body to resist water and avoid nutrients from being washed out.
How to love your skin:
Because of these important skin functions it is extremely important for the skin to remain healthy and to be cared for. Here are simple ways to care for the skin.
- Protect the skin from the sun by wearing sunscreen with high SPF protection.
- Use an umbrella, a hat, or a shade to avoid direct sunlight especially during 10am-4pm.
- Keep the skin hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Keep your skin clean through daily baths to avoid bacteria and infection.
- Eat healthy foods such as fruits and dark green leafy vegetables to help provide the skin with the nutrients it needs.
- Moisturize the skin. Use natural products that are safe and effective in doing this job. Argan oil for example is an all natural product that gives the skin all the nutrients and moisture it needs. Extremely rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants – a few drops of argan oil massaged through the skin will help you have healthier skin.
- Exercise and movement helps the skin remain flexible and young looking. Stretch your body daily and do regular exercise routines. Walking a few blocks each day will do your skin and your whole body a lot of good.
Taking good care of your skin will help it do its functions properly. Remember that the skin is the largest organ of the body and that it does so much for the whole body. It is essential then to take notice of the skin and to give it the care it is due. Love your skin and experience it love you back.
- Facts about Vitamin E and What It Does For Your Skin
- How to Effortlessly Get Healthy Skin
- Top Homemade Facial Cleansers for Radiant Skin
- Solutions to Women’s Top Skin Problems!
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare