How Well Informed Are You About Safe Skin Care Products?
If you are using any skin care product then you should definitely test your knowledge concerning safety in using skin care products. Even if you do not use skin care products, you should still test your knowledge. Always remember that knowledge is power.
Test your knowledge now! Answer with True or False.
- Before skin care products are sold in the market, cosmetic companies are required to ensure that the ingredients included in their products are proven safe.
If you answered True then definitely you are mistaken. In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration do not have any authority to do a premarket approval on cosmetic products and its ingredients except on colour additives.
Did you know that about 80 percent of the 10,500 ingredients in skin care or personal care products have not yet been subjected to any safety evaluation check by the CIR or Cosmetic Ingredient Review, (this is the cosmetic industry’s public research organisation) the FDA or any authorised public institution.
- Having no obvious adverse reaction to a skin care product indicates it is very safe to use.
The answer here is False. There are many ingredients that have not been tested and the truth is we do not know what effects they may have on our bodies in the long run. You should be concerned about using skin care products as scientific tests have shown that the usual ingredients in skin products have been linked to numerous health issues such as cancers, allergies and even reproductive problems. These ingredients also accumulate in the body and one common cosmetic ingredient called phthalates were found in breast cancer tissue.
- Your exposure to toxic materials can be greatly reduced if you avoid some of the main toxic ingredients in cosmetic products.
Definitely this is True! Do a victory dance if you got this one right. You can start avoiding ingredients such as fragrance and triclosan as they are harmful to your body and the planet.
- Products showing natural and organic ingredients label mean safer than the conventional products.
This can be a tricky question. The answer here is False. Remember that ingredients of cosmetic products are not mandated to be checked and tested for safety. You should stop thinking that as long as it is organic or natural it is safe to use.
Natural and organic ingredients can still have an adverse effect on the body. Take for example, the poison ivy. The poison ivy is all natural and yet it is harmful to humans. What you can do is put your trust in companies that are not afraid to disclose their formulations to the public. Most of these companies would be proud to tell their consumers which toxic ingredients are not found in their products.
If you are looking for an organic product for your skin that is effective yet safe to use, go for Argan oil. Argan oil is extracted from the nuts of the Argan tree that is native to Morocco. The way the oil is produced is through painstaking labour by the women of Morocco.
- How Safe Are Your Skin Care Products?
- Get Your Man the Best Skin-Care Shaving Products
- Proper Skin Care is not about the Products You Use!
- Why Look for Vitamin E in Skin Care Products
- How Do You Care for Your Skin?
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare