Is Your Skin Too Dry?
Dry skin is not just a problem during the colder seasons. Even in the summertime, some people can still sport dry, itchy and flaky skin.
The truth is, dry skin is very common during summertime because of the activities we fill our days with. Most of us would be enjoying the surf and sand as well as the pool. We would be spending time outdoors, sweating under the heat of the sun and in the water for too long. This just means that the skin would be robbed of its natural moisture making it dry.
Dry skin is rough to the touch and can be really itchy. Sometimes very dry skin can get red and start to sting. There is no point putting up with dry skin. You can get your smooth skin back with proper skin care esepcially designed for dry skin.
Looking like a lizard is most probably not in your agenda for the summer season. You need to do more than just give your dry skin a good lathering of lotion once it becomes flaky. Here are tips on how you can keep your skin soft and moisturised all summer long.
- Shower Matters – Some people love taking hot showers whatever the season may be. Even this season of hot and hotter days, there are still a few of us who love bathing or taking showers with scalding hot water. Water itself robs the skin of moisture and even more in the case of scalding hot water. Bring down the water’s temperature to a lukewarm.
- Bring in Moisture – The skin produces its natural oils to keep it moisturised. However exposure to the elements as well as habits and activities that rob the skin of its natural moisture results to dry skin. But before you lather on moisturiser, you should know that how and when you give your skin some moisture loving makes a huge difference.
- How and When to Apply Moisturiser
So when is the best time to apply moisturiser on the skin? That would be right after you step out of your shower or bath. It is also essential that you pat your skin dry and not rub so that there is little moisture still left. On your damp skin, lather on a generous amount of moisturiser.
- Moroccan Argan Oil
Aside from knowing how and when to apply moisturiser, it’s also important that you make use of a potent moisturiser. The Moroccan Argan oil definitely fits the bill! The oil contains numerous nutrients having moisturising properties. It is loaded with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which are already great moisturisers. It also comes with Sterols which help retain moisture in your skin. Not only will Argan oil keep your skin smooth and moisturised, it will also protect the skin from getting damage as it contains numerous antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Ferulic acid, Polyphenols and Carotenoids.
- Exfoliate and Wear Sun Protection
Remove old skin cells and let new ones to the surface by exfoliating. Sun protection is a must no matter what the season may be. You can use a sunscreen lotion with moisturiser in it.
- The Itchy Truth About Dry Skin: Top 3 Tips for Skin Relief
- Let Your Skin Bloom this Springtime
- Don’t Hide Your Legs this Summer!
- Let Your Summer Photos Reveal Beautiful and Healthy Skin and Hair!
- Beat the Cold and Bitter Months with these Winter Skin Care Tips
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare