Itching to Get Rid of Dry Skin? Follow these 3 Tips!
Some people suffer from very dry skin. This can be really bothersome and very uncomfortable as dry skin feels itchy. The appearance of dry skin is also not very attractive and many women hate having dry skin. The skin looks rough, leathery and chalky.
So what causes dry skin? You probably think that life is not really fair when you have to suffer with very dry skin while your girlfriends or co-workers have very beautiful, moisturised and healthy skin. As Neil Gaiman once wrote in one of his books “Life is neither fair nor unfair. It just is.” If you have read “Rogue” written by Rachel Vincent it said “Life is neither fair nor unfair. It is what it is, and our responsibility is to deal with whatever comes our way.”
And yes it is your responsibility to take care of your dry skin! Cursing life for giving you dry skin will not do you any good! The best way to combat dry skin is by finding out what you can do to keep your skin hydrated and moisturised.
Factors that Cause Dry Skin
So again the question is what causes dry skin? The truth is there are various factors that contribute to dry skin or worsen dry skin. It could be that genetics played a role in you having dry skin (but your whining will not moisturise your skin and even worsen it so quit complaining) or it could be because of the natural elements such as the weather and pollutants.
Some cosmetic and skin care products also contain harsh chemicals that can dry skin out or irritate dry skin. Lack of proper nutrition also causes dry skin. Some medications for health conditions can also cause the skin to dry as well as some health problems.
How to Care for Dry Skin
Dry skin needs proper caring and much attention. Here are steps on how to effectively care for dry skin.
- Cleanse your skin with a mild organic cleanser suited for dry skin. With your fingers massage your skin while distributing the cleanser to the skin. Use lukewarm water in rinsing off the cleanser. Never ever commit the dry skin sin of using hot or cold water. Always prepare tepid water. Dry out your face by lightly dabbing with a soft cotton organic towel.
- Moisturise and don’t forget to moisturise the skin daily! Cleansing your skin means that you have removed the dirt, grime, dust and other pollutants that stuck to your skin. However cleansing also strips the skin of its essential oils which is its natural moisturiser.
Use Argan oil to moisturise the skin daily. This oil is great as it adds and locks in moisture. The Argan oil also gives nourishment to the skin and protects it from damages and skin aging. This oil is definitely a skin wonder because of its components that are very beneficial to the skin’s health.
- Always protect your skin from the sun’s Ultra Violet rays! This is a must. If you want to avoid the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays always apply sunscreen lotion (SPF 15 or higher) at least 15 minutes before heading out.
These are definitely 3 easy to follow tips on how to care for dry skin!
- 3 Summer Skin Care Tips You Should Follow
- Beauty Tips to Follow At Home
- Beat the Cold and Bitter Months with these Winter Skin Care Tips
- How to Get Rid of Itching Dandruff the Natural Way
- Tips for Winter Skin Care
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare