Learn About Free Radicals And Antioxidants
The body is composed of complex parts both big and small that need much attention in order for them to do their duties properly. The body also needs certain nourishments like antioxidants to protect the body from harmful groups like free radicals. Just what exactly are antioxidants and free radicals? Read on and find out.
ANTIOXIDANTS AND FREE RADICALS
Antioxidants are the good guys who interact and terminate free radicals (the bad guys) before they can bring damage to important molecules in the body. Free radicals are atoms that are grouped with an odd number of electrons when oxygen interacts with specific molecules. Free radicals are considered as the bad guys because they can bring damage to important cellular components such as DNA or the cell membranes. When free radicals interact with these cells, they may not be able to do their functions well and could even die. Here is where the good guys, the antioxidants, come in. Antioxidants are molecules that can safely interact with free radicals and terminate them before they can bring damage to various cells in the body. Because of this, antioxidants hold extreme importance in the body to help prevent death to important cells.
WHERE TO GET ANTIOXIDANTS
Although there are several enzyme systems in the body that help destroy free radicals, there are three major antioxidants that are highly successful in doing so. These are:
- Vitamin E – vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that can be gathered from various foods such as nuts, vegetable and fish oils, seeds, whole grains, apricots, and even fortified cereals. The RDA (recommended daily allowance) for men is 15 IU per day and 12 IU per day for women.
- Vitamin C – vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. It may be found in fruits and greens such as fresh fruits and juices, cabbage, spinach, green peppers, broccoli, kiwi, and strawberries. Vitamin C RDA is 60mg per day for both men and women.
- Beta-carotene – it is an important precursor to vitamin A. Beta-carotene may be found in foods like liver, carrots, spinach, egg yolks, butter, milk, tomatoes, grains, and even yams.
- Argan Oil – argan oil is one of your best sources of antioxidants. Originating from the nuts of the argan tree that is exclusive to the southwestern parts of Morocco, argan oil is made from natural ingredients. It is rich in antioxidants as one of its major components is vitamin E. Argan oil is your best bet for your complete antioxidant daily requirement. Used both topically and internally (for cooking), argan oil will give you a complete dose of antioxidants, fatty acids, and a lot more nutrients.
The body needs to protect itself from the dangerous and harmful effects of free radicals. The best way to do this is to have enough antioxidants in the body to terminate the free radicals and avoid destruction of important body cells. Get enough doses of Vitamin E, C, Beta-carotene, and argan oil today for a healthier you!
- Antioxidants to Keep You Looking Young!
- How to Keep Your Skin Glowing and Acne Free!
- Learn How to Remove Acne Scars!
Filed Under: Argan Oil in General