Moroccan Argan Oil Naturally Cares for Your Nails
Your nails need more than a mani or a pedi. It needs caring too as your nails serve you many purposes. Nails protect the tips of your fingers and your toes. Ever thought of scratching an itch without nails? You probably would not get that much relief. But please do not overscratch as you may do more than just relieve an itch or even worsen the itching.
Let us get back on track. Nails also help us pick up small objects just like your favourite bottle of nail polish. Your nails can also indicate underlying health issues. With all of these uses, you should not think twice of caring for them.
Sure, getting them manicured or pedicured is a pampering most of us reward ourselves but this is not the only caring your nails need. In fact, if you are not too careful with the bottle of nail polish you apply, you may be harming your nails. Numerous nail polish brands actually contain ingredients referred to as the toxic trio . So what are the ingredients in nail polish referred to as the toxic trio?
The Toxic Trio
- DBP – This is short for Dibutyl Phthalate. Tests done on lab animals show that DBP can cause cancer. It is also known as a possible asthma trigger. DBP has also shown negative effects on developmental and reproductive functions especially on the male reproductive system.
- Touelene – Will you apply something that is commonly found in gasoline? You are not an automobile to be needing gasoline. Did you know that toulene is actually a chemical solvent found in gasoline? Toulene can be absorbed by the skin and nails easily. It is also absorbed by the body just by inhalation. Toulene is known to make people dizzy and intoxicated for a brief time.
- Formalin – It also goes by the name Formaldehyde. You should be vigilant in checking the ingredients of the bottles of nail polish that you would coat on your nails. Formalin is known to cause cancer in humans. Would you trade beautiful nails for cancer? Definitely not!
Caring Beyond Mani and Pedi
Beyond giving your nails a mani and a pedi, you should keep it moisturised. Dry nails break easily. The lack of moisture will lead to brittle nails and definitely you wouldn’t want your nails, chipping and breaking away that easily.
Natural Nail Caring with Moroccan Argan Oil
Moroccan Argan oil is great for keeping your nails moisturised and making them stronger. It’s loaded with Vitamin E which is a potent antioxidant and a great moisturiser. Vitamin E nourishes nails too. The essential fatty acids in Moroccan Argan oil also helps moisturise the cuticles and at the same time these fatty acids moisturise and strengthen the nails.
You can coat your nails with the oil and let it soak through. You can also rub a small amount of the oil on your palm and start massaging gently working your way up to your nails. You can also soak your nails for 15 minutes in an equal amount mixture of this precious oil and lemon. Rinse with lukewarm water only and tap-dry your hands with paper towels.
- Moroccan Argan Oil: Pure Love for Your Nails
- Healthy Nails are Beautiful Nails
- Argan Oil Cares for Your Skin, Hair and Nails during Winter Season
- Applying Argan Oil on your Nails
- Split, Cracked or Brittle Nails: 5 Steps to Strengthen Your Nails
Filed Under: Argan & Nails