Pregnancy Acne and Moroccan Argan Oil
Pregnancy and acne goes hand in hand. When women get pregnant, they realize the sad fact that pregnancy triggers acne, but many never fully understand the relationship between acne and pregnancy. Breakouts during pregnancy is more common than you think, whether acne was never a problem pre pregnancy. During the first trimester the levels of female hormones skyrockets.The androgenic hormone, progesterone can trigger the skin’s glands to secrete more oil and in turn also trigger acne. Usually after the first trimester hurdle, the skin clears up since the progesterone is now concentrated in the placenta rather than in the ovaries.
Aside from hormonal fluctuations stress, anxiety and several physical changes – may all play a role in inflammation and skin eruptionsof pimples. Bright side to this is about 70% of pregnant women report that as they go further along their pregnancy, theie acne and skin gradually improves.
Now, nobody wants to worry a pregnant woman! Let’s go over easy solutions to prevent, avert, or at least keep acne in check.
Treating Pregnancy Acne 101
There’s nothing like the good old basic skin care!
- Always keep your face clean and oil free as much as possible. Cleanse the face with gentle cleansers and avoid astringents and toners as they can irritate the skin.
- Expect skin sensitivity during pregnancy, so be mindful of the skin care products you use. Opt for milder alternatives, and preferably free from fragrance and other harsh and toxic chemicals.
- If your acne has gone from bad to worse you may feel the need to turn to medication for treatment. For the health of your
developing bun in the oven, you must be very, very careful in selecting products as the chemicals in them will be absorbed by the skin and eventually enter the bloodstream. While some medications are relatively safe, certain treatments should not be used by expecting or breastfeeding mothers. Before purchasing and using any medication you should first consult your doctor.
- Natural is the best way to go. That is why soon to be mothers are advised to take the healthiest path and consider natural remedies.
All Natural Moroccan Argan Oil
One of the leading and effective natural solutions to skin problems is the Moroccan Argan oil. The oil, also known as the liquid gold of Morocco is made from the nuts harvested from the argan tree. 100% pure argan oil has restorative and anti-aging effects. The oil contains high levels of antioxidants like carotene, vitamins E, essential fatty acids, phytosterols and phenolic compounds which work to protect, repair, replenish and renew skin. Aside from treating and preventing worsening of acne, it can minimize skin conditions like dry skin, scars, psoriasis, eczema, stretch marks and wrinkles. The oil is light, and very moisturizing. The skin easily absorbs it so it wont leave your face hot and sticky. Feel free to use it as you would a face serum. After washing your face, pat dry and apply a generous amount of oil and massage onto skin. If preferred, blot
with paper towel after leaving in for 5-10 mins.
- Kick Out Pregnancy Woes with Moroccan Argan Oil
- Is Moroccan Argan Oil Potent Against Acne?
- Fighting Acne with Moroccan Argan Oil
- Moroccan Argan Oil: An Ideal Acne Solution
- Moroccan Argan Oil Kicks Acne Worries Away
Filed Under: Argan & Acné