Skin Care in Your 40s Should Be Beyond Anti-aging Products
We have to accept the fact that at some point in our lives, we would start having wrinkles. No matter how much we lather on anti-aging prooducts on our skin, one day our skin would start wearing fine lines and wrinkles.
Are you already in your 40s? Is your skin starting to show signs of skin aging? Fine lines and wrinkles can be delayed but they are bound to happen. Most women in their 40s are already showing signs of skin ageing and the biggest misconception on how to fight or minimise wrinkles is purely using anti-aging products. Many are guilty of this!
Caring for your skin when you’re already in your 40s should not just be about lathering on anti-aging products. Your skin care should go beyond this. Proper skin care includes making healthy lifestyle choices and eating a healthy diet. When it comes to your skin care regimen, cleansing and keeping the skin moisturised should also be your top priorities. You should also keep in mind that your exposure to the sun has a major bearing on the appearance of your skin. See to it that you lather on sun protection before heading outdoors.
At What Age Does the Skin Start Aging?
During your hay days, you probably did not worry much about skin ageing. Only when you started seeing the signs of it did you start taking measures to combat these fine lines and wrinkles. The truth is if you want to hold on to your youthful skin longer, you need to start caring for it early on. You probably aren’t aware that the skin’s natural aging process kicks off by around the time you reached 25 years old. This is the time when your body’s production of collagen and elastin decreases.
So what are collagen and elastin? Collagen and elastin are responsible for giving support and elasticity to your skin tissues. In other words your skin is supple and youthful when there is enough collagen and elastin in your body. When you start adding up on your years, there is a reduction in the levels of collagen, elastin as well as moisture in the body. This results to saggy and wrinkly skin which is very common to people who are already in their 40s. The damages that the skin has sustained from your constant sun exposure back in your youth also starts showing up at this stage. But continuing to properly care for your skin will help in minimising fine lines and wrinkles as well as prevent or reduce further damage.
Skin Care Plan in Your Forties
- Cleanse and Exfoliate – Cleanse your skin two times a day and exfoliate at least twice a week.
- Moisturise – Keep your skin moisturised with Moroccan Argan oil. Argan oil contains high levels of Vitamin E, Sterols and essential fatty acids (EFAs). These three nutrients have potent moisturising properties. EFAs and Vitamin E are also known to effectively minimise and delay signs of skin aging. Aside from Vitamin E, the oil also has numerous antioxidants which keep the skin protected from damaging effects of environmental factors.
- Protect – Sun protection is essential to prevent or reduce further skin damage. Aside from avoiding wrinkles, you’re also avoiding getting skin cancer.
- Shedding Light on Anti-aging Products
- Anti-Aging Plan: Steps to Stamp Out Skin Aging
- Don’t be Fooled by Anti-aging Product Ads! Look at its Ingredients
- Are You Eating Anti-aging Food?
- Moroccan Argan Oil: Your Best Weapon in Delaying Skin Aging
Filed Under: Argan & Anti-Aging