Summer Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin Type
When the summer season hits most would experience that their skin is turning oily. For women with already oily skin type the heat of the summer calls for more tender loving care for the skin. If your face is starting to look like one can cook egg on your face with all the oil on your face here are some skin care tips that will result into a healthier, less shiny and livelier skin.
Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin
- Never overdo cleansing your face. People with oily skin type often commit this mistake. Washing the face should only be done twice a day. Once in the morning and once before bed time. Over washing the face actually backfires and makes the skin produce more oil as a compromise.
- Instead of over washing the face when your face is starting to shine and become oily, dab an oil blotting sheet on your skin. The sheet will absorb the oil on your face and prevents your skin from becoming shiny and also freshening up your skin.
- Never think of skipping on applying sunscreen lotion. Most people with oily skin type will skip on the sunscreen lotion thinking that their face would just become too oily, this is actually a mistake. The best move is to get a sunscreen lotion that is formulated for people with oily skin type. There are plenty of them in stores.
When you don’t protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays you are exposing your skin to more harm. Wrinkles, sun spots, age spots, and skin cancer are the things you can get from not wearing sunscreen lotion.
You should make it a habit to lather on sunscreen lotion with at least an SPF of 15 to your skin everyday even if you are not going to the beach or playing outdoor sports. As long as you are going out of your house you need to protect your skin. Apply the sunscreen lotion 15 minutes ahead before heading outside.
- Moisturise your skin daily. Many people with oily skin actually think that moisturising their already oily skin will only make their skin oilier. This is another misconception. In fact introducing oil to your already oily skin will trigger an opposite reaction. It can lessen the oil that your skin is producing.
When it comes to moisturisers, the Argan oil is one of the best ones to get. Not only will the Argan oil moisturise the skin, it also protects the skin from skin aging and harmful damages of UV rays and free radicals.
- If there is one thing you need to skip this summer that would be putting on make up. Make up can only trap more dirt, dust and oil on the skin which in turn will result to clogged pores. This can result to skin breakouts. Acne is something you don’t want to wear this summer or ever.
- Make your very own facial mask. Use freshly squeezed cucumber juice with Aloe Vera in making your homemade facial mask. These two are known to be very effective in controlling oil.
With these tips you would definitely stop having that oily shine but instead start having a glowing and healthy skin.
- Will Argan Oil Work for Oily Skin Type?
- How Have You Been Caring for Your Oily Skin?
- 3 Summer Skin Care Tips You Should Follow
- Argan Oil and Healthy Skin Care Tips
- 5 Important Summer Skin Care Tips
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare