Sumptuous Moroccan Lamb Tagine
Cooking is an act of love. You carefully prepare the ingredients of your dish, make sure that they are clean and fresh. There is that feeling of anticipation once you start cooking the dish. With every taste you ask should I add a little bit of this and that and when you find that taste you imagined, you get that satisfied sensation. Right before you serve the dish you are excited and hopeful that your dish would be well received.
Here is a new dish to learn that would give you this wonderful roller coaster ride of emotions. I came across the Moroccan Lamb Tagine recipe on the net and was surprised how tasteful this dish can be.
What You Would Need
- Cayenne Pepper – about 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper – about 1 teaspoon as well
- Paprika – about half a tablespoon
- Ground Ginger – about half a tablespoon
- Turmeric – about 1 tablespoon
- Ground Cinnamon – about 2 teaspoons
- Lamb – about 2 and a half pounds of meat. Get the shoulder part and have it trimmed and cut.
- Onions – about 2 large ones would do. Have them grated.
- Argan oil – about 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – about 2 tablespoons as well
- Garlic – 3 cloves would do. Have them crushed.
- Tomato juice – 1 pint or 570 ml
- Chopped Tomatoes – Get 2 of the 400 g can.
- Dried apricots – Get the 4 ouncer can. Cut them in half
- Dates – 2 ounces would do. Cut them in half.
- Raisins – 2 ounces
- Flaked almonds – 3 ounces
- Saffron stamens – 1 teaspoon. You need to soak them in water.
- Lamb stock – a pint would do
- Clear Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander – 2 tablespoons. Chop them roughly.
- Parsley – 2 tablespoons. Get the flat leaf ones and chop them roughly.
Preparing the Tagine
- Get a small bowl and combine your cayenne, paprika, ginger, black pepper turmeric as well as cinnamon in it. Get a bowl large enough to fit your lamb and pur half of the spice mixture unto it. Put a cover on your bowl of lamb and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- The very first thing you need to do when you are ready to cook is preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a large casserole dish and heat your olive and Argan oil. Pour in your grated onion and half of the spice mixture you prepared the night before. Make sure to lower your heat. You want your onions soft minus the browning. Add in the garlic. This would take about 10 minutes in total.
- Get another frying pan where you would brown the cubes of lamb. Brown them in all sides and once they are browned, dump them in your casserole. De glaze the pan with a quarter pint of tomato juice then pour the juice in. Pour in the remaining ingredients in your casserole and bring it to a boil. Once boiling place the lid on and put the casserole dish in the oven. You’ll need to wait for about 2 and a half hours for the meat to be tender and melting in your mouth. Once the meat is tender, serve the dish topped with your chopped herbs.
- Culinary Ways of the Argan Oil
- Warm Up Your Winter Dinners with a Cozy Beef Stew
- Braised Brisket – A Hanukah Dinner
- A Healthier Fried Chicken
- Heart Warming Chicken Stew
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil