Teach Your Teen Potent Anti-Acne Routine
When you’re a teenager everything feels like the end of the world. When adults tell teenagers they are being dramatic, most of the time they are usually right. All adults were teens once and they do know how everything feels like the end of the world. They were young once.
Teens experience fluctuating hormones which explains why they’re always on the edge. This hormone imbalance also triggers skin issues such as acne, overactive sebaceous glands, dry skin, etc. Just when teens are starting to pay more attention to their appearance (which is also an effect of their surging hormones) these skin problems also start to surface. So what’s a teen to do?
Teens say that being a teenager is tough while many parents know that raising a teen is a tough and rough road. Even though teens always want to be left alone and feel like they can manage life on their own, they still need the guidance of their parents. And when they do not know how to handle things anymore on their own they would usually seek the help of their parents. And when it comes to caring for the skin here are a few good advice that you can give your teens.
Have a Skin Care Routine
Tell your teen to cleanse the skin at most twice a day. Cleansing of the skin should be done first thing in the morning so that dirt and oil that have accumulated and rested on the skin can be removed. Before heading to bed, it is essential for your teenager to wash off so that dirt, pollution, sweat, oil, grime and or make-up are removed. Get a mild facial cleanser that is suited for your teen’s skin type.
Basics of Cleansing the Face
Teach your teens the basics of cleansing the skin.
- Hair should not be touching the face. A ponytail or a headband will do the job.
- Dip a clean wash cloth in warm water and start dabbing the skin gently with it. This is to moisten the skin. Directly washing the face with warm water will also do.
- The cleanser should cover the face from the hairline up to the area underneath the jaw.
- Warm water shoud be used in rinsing.
- Use a soft towel in patting dry the skin.
Teens and pimples almost always go hand in hand. If you’re teenage years was pimple-free then you are very lucky. There are numerous over-the-counter pimple or acne treatments out in the market. One potent and natural anti-acne product is the Moroccan Argan oil. The Argan oil is packed with essential fatty acids which help control overproduction of sebum which triggers and worsens acne. The oil effectively controls and prevent further inflammation of pimples because of its nutrients having anti-inflammatory properties such as Vitamin E, Prostaglandins, Sterols and Triterpens. Aside from using an effective anti-acne product, it is also important that your teens do not pick or squeeze the pimples as this would only lead to scarring and further infection.
It is also best to teach your teens the importance of visiting a dermatologist at least once a year!
- Is Moroccan Argan Oil Potent Against Acne?
- Your Teens Having Acne Worries? Read On for Solutions!
- Caring for the Skin 101 – Teen Edition
- Teach Your Teens the Proper Way to Care for the Skin
- 5 Powerful Anti-Acne Foods to Add to Your Diet
Filed Under: Argan & Acné