The Truth About A Dry Skin
Do you have dry skin? Are you one of the millions suffering from this skin condition? Although skin dryness to some extent is normal, it is preventable. Excessive dryness of the skin is not normal though and could bring about further problems. When the skin loses moisture, it may crack and peel, or become irritated, red and swollen. It is important then to take good care of our skin to avoid any form of dryness. Let us look further into dry skin to avoid having it or to help cure it if you already have it.
- Sebum is oil created by the oil glands of the body to help moisturize the skin. When sebum levels are low, your skin will have a dried out look because skin is unable to retain moisture. Your skin will feel “tight” and uncomfortable, and a moisturizer would be needed to help skin feel more relaxed.
- Extremely dry and dehydrated skin will cause the skin to chap, flake, and feel tight. This feeling of tightness is very uncomfortable and might even be painful. Dehydrated and dry skin may also cause intolerable itching. Making you unable to sleep comfortably at night and unable to do your regular daily activities, dry skin when it has reached an extreme level, can be a pain in the neck!
- When the oil glands to not make enough sebum, skin becomes dehydrated and dry.
- When skin gets exposed to various environmental elements such as extreme cold, the sun, harsh chemicals, soaps, or cosmetics.
- Medical conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, seborrhea, and psoriasis.
- Nutritional deficiencies brought about by a poor diet.
- Certain medical drugs cause dryness of the skin such as: diuretics, antihistamines, and antispasmodics.
CARE FOR DRY SKIN:
- Increase in water intake is one of the best ways to keep skin hydrated.
- Taking shorter showers with the use of warm water instead of hot will help lessen dryness of skin.
- Usage of gentle soaps and skin products would help lessen dryness effects.
- Follow a bath with an application of gentle oil.
ARGAN OIL FOR DRY SKIN
- Agran oil is all natural and is therefore one of the gentlest oils you can find in the market today.
- Argan oil also helps in the reduction of skin irritations, itchiness, and inflammation.
- Also known to successfully hydrate skin, it helps to neutralize free radicals, treat dermatitis, eczema, seborrhea, and psoriasis.
- Argan oil also helps regenerate skin cells by revitalizing cell functions that has caused dryness due to extreme cold, the sun, harsh chemicals, soaps, or cosmetics.
When dry skin is not taken cared of early on, it may become hard to reverse and worse, it may bring about further health issues. It is best then to keep your skin hydrated by avoiding the causes of dry skin and by keeping your skin moisturized. Gentle oils such as argan oil maybe the best moisturizer to help you protect your skin from dryness.
No related posts.
Filed Under: Argan & SkinCare