Various Options for Removing Acne Scars
What’s worse than acne? Many would say acne scars. And on some level, this is actually true. Not only do acne scars reveal and constantly remind you of your acne past, they are very hard to treat and wipe out. Getting rid of acne scars is a lengthy process. Some are even not lucky enough to successfully get rid of their acne scars.
Many are bothered with the thought of having to wear scars on their skin permanently. They do have an effect on how you look and the worst part is most of the time these scars actually negatively impacts one’s self confidence. So the question remains. Is there really a way to remove acne scars?
Do not hold your head too low as there are treatments that can get rid of acne scars. You can go for clinical treatments or you can stick with the traditional methods which involves creams and oils for removing acne scars.
Ways to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Here are some of your options for clinical treatments in removing acne scars.
- Dermabrasion – To get rid of mild acne scars you can consult a certified dermatologist for a dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is usually used to remove mild acne scars. Usually this treatment is used for those acne scars that left shallow grooves on the skin. In this procedure, a dermatologist uses a vacuum-type tool which bombards the skin with crystals that are so fine. The fine crystals are meant to plane the epidermis so that the surface of the skin is at the level of the scars’ grooves. Dermabrasion effectively makes the scars less noticeable. However this procedure puts one at a greater risk of getting infections because of planing down the skin.
- Laser Acne Scar Treatment – If your acne scars are extensive but not that deep, laser acne scar treatment can get rid of these bothering scars. However, this treatment can be on the pricey side. If you are getting this treatment, make sure that you only get this treatment from a certified medical professional.
- Collagen Injections – For those pitted “ice pick” scars as well as flat tissue paper scars, collagen injection is a solution. If you are considering this option, you should give this process a serious thought and choose a certified professional carefully. We’ve seen botched collagen injections in celebrities and for sure, this is something you would want to avoid.
- Surgery – For serious acne scars, those that are deep and disfiguring, you can undergo a surgical procedure and have aplastic surgeon cut out the scars.
If these clinical treatments sound too invasive for you, you can try the old or traditional technique which is applying creams, oils and lotions on the scars.
Moroccan Argan Oil
If you’re looking for an effective scar remover, the Moroccan Argan oil fits the job description. This precious oil of Morocco is loaded with Vitamin E. Vitamin E is known to not only reduce the appearance of scars but also to prevent scarring. The Moroccan Argan oil hold numerous nutrients that are essential to the process of skin cell renewal and its overall health such as essential fatty acids, Prostaglandins, Sterols, Polyphenols, Ferulic acid and many more. Regularly apply this oil on your scars at least twice a day for best results.
- Effectively Removing Acne Scars With Argan Oil!
- A Deeper Look at Acne Facial Scars
- Is Argan Oil Effective Against Acne Scars?
- Bothered with Acne and Acne Scars? Use Argan Oil!
- How to Successfully Get Rid of Acne Scars
Filed Under: Argan & Acné