Vitamins Vital to Your Crowning Glory
Vitamins are macro-nutrients that protect the body from oxidative damages and many gene expressions. They are the fuel to your body’s daily functions, needed for cells growth and repair. Take for example your hair, your hair is made up of cells, precisely it is 91 percent protein, and long chains of amino acids. While hair grows, new cells are added that is why you need lots of nutrients supplied for this to happen. First order of business is to know the vitamins and nutrients you need, and make sure you are getting enough of it.
What Vitamins are Essential to Hair?
- Folic Acid or Vitamin B9 –This nutrient can prevent hair thinning because it promotes cell growth in your body which in turn results to hair regeneration. It has been noted that one of the reasons for baldness in men is the lack of this vitamin. Try to include asparagus, broccoli, papaya, and other citrus fruits as they are a good source of folic acid.
- Vitamin A – This nutrient promotes hair growth and regeneration. You can get your daily ration of vitamin A from sweet potatoes, carrots, chilis: paprika, peppers, and cayenne powder.
- Vitamin E – Vital for blood flow, the antioxidant properties of Vitamin E help keep your immune system up and running while encouraging blood circulation to your scalp area. Vitamin E can be found in green vegetables. Leafy greens such as spinach and lettuce are packed with Vitamin E. It is also found in whole grains and nuts.
Out of all the cosmetic oils available in the market today, The Moroccan Argan oil has the highest concentration of Vitamin E. The Argan oil is great for moisturising and repairing damaged hair because of its high levels of Vitamin E. It also strengthens the protein bonding structure in hair because of its essential fatty acids which serve as nourishment to hair pores and hair roots. It aids in hair growth as well.
- Vitamin C – This is the antioxidant you need if you want to prevent dry or splitting hair and hair fall! This vitamin also helps the body produce a type of protein called collagen. Collagen connects and supports your tissues. Think of it this way, collagen is the glue that holds the body together. In order to combat hair disorders you need about 100 mg of vitamin C both from food intake or supplements. Food rich in vitamins C are guavas, kiwi, oranges and clementines.
- B vitamins – Namely: Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B 12. These vitamins allow blood circulation, prevent hair loss, maintain hair’s natural pigment and keep hair follicles healthy at a cellular level. Vitamin B can be found in eggs, brewer’s yeast and organ meats.
If you want healthy crown of hair you should remember to feed your locks the nutrients it needs!
- Natural Caring for Your Crowning Glory
- Get to Know Foods that Turn Your Hair into a Crowing Glory!
- Essential Vitamins for the Skin that You Need to Acquire
- Vital Universal Travel Tips
- Vitamins For Healthy Nails
Filed Under: Argan & Hair