Wear a Youthful Skin Even When You’re Past Thirty!
Women today are more prone to skin aging even at an early age. Stress, pollution, sun exposure, unhealthy diet and weaker skin elasticity are the major culprits behind early skin aging. If you want to maintain your youthful skin or at least not look older than your age, you should start a serious skin care regimen. You don’t need to start seeing fine lines and wrinkles before you take action. Now is a good time to start. It is true that aging is inevitable, but it doesn’t mean you can’t delay skin aging.
It’s a myth that wrinkles and age spots appear only when you reach your 40’s or 50’s. The folds you see now, under or on the sides of the skin area of your eyes could already be wrinkles. You think you could just cover those fine lines and age spots with make-up? Well guess what, these lines you try to ignore and bury under your make-up will eventually become more prominent. The good news is, there are effective ways to delay skin aging
The Secret: Target the Root Cause
To effectively combat skin aging, you’ll have to deal with its root cause.
Wrinkles and Fine Lines Upon aging, the skin goes through collagen depletion. Collagen is responsible for keeping the tightness and firmness of the skin. This collagen depletion leads to what we call wrinkles, the fold or crease of the skin. Wrinkles are also a sign of skin dehydration. When the skin is deprived of liquids, the cells break down, causing the outer layer of the skin to sag and fold.
Age Spots or Hyper pigmentationThe age spots or “sun spots” are the brownish spots on the skin due to overexposure of the sun. This is a way for the skin to inform you that the sun is already damaging your skin.
Arm Yourself with the Right Weapons
Now that you know the root cause of skin aging, it’s time to fight it.
- Keep skin hydrated and moisturised. Dehydration leads to collagen loss. That is why keeping your skin hydrated from the inside and out will keep it tight, soft and supple. So drink enough water every day. Keep your skin moisturised by applying potent moisturisers such as the much talked about Moroccan Argan oil. It contains Vitamin E, carotenoids (a precursor of Vitamin A), Sterols and essential fatty acids. These nutrients have intense moisturising properties.
Potent antioxidants vitamins E and A protect skin cells from damaging effects of free radicals which trigger skin aging. Vitamin E and essential fatty acids are also known to delay and minimise the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Don’t forget to include in your diet foods packed with these nutrients.
- Exfoliate regularly – Exfoliate weekly. This will get rid of dead skin cells that have accumulated. Once you’ve gotten rid of these old skin cells, smoother and newer skin is revealed.
- Protect your skin from the sun – Never head outdoors without sun protection. At least half an hour before going out, lather on sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Avoid basking in the sun for too long and stay indoors during the hours of 9am – 4pm if possible.
- Beauty and Skin Care Tips for Mature Women!
- Makeup Tips for a Youthful Look
- You Can Extend the Youth of Your Skin
- Let Argan Oil Help You Delay Skin Aging
- Wear a Healthy Skin by Eating Healthy
Filed Under: Argan & Anti-Aging