What are Antioxidants For?
As antioxidants have been revved up by media to be good for you, it becomes a wonder to most what it really does for the body. Yes it is popular. Yes it is important. Unfortunately though the actual effects of antioxidants to the body, what it specifically brings to the table, and why it is so important are unknown to many. So here are its specifics. You don’t have to be in the dark any longer with antioxidants. And you don’t have to pretend you know what antioxidants actually do for your skin. Now you can give out reasons as to why you always look for antioxidants on your beauty products.
What do antioxidants do for the body?
Antioxidants are natural substances that do wonders to the body. Among the most popular effects for the body is that it reverses the damage of free radicals. These free radicals are molecules that are unstable. This instability causes negative effects to the cells and causes damage to them. Antioxidants are also wonderful anti-aging substances. They keep the body young looking. An example of this anti-aging effect is its ability to prevent, lessen, and remove wrinkles on skin. This is one of the major reasons why antioxidants are sought after by many, especially women. Looking young has been attributed to antioxidants and beauty products are now adding this substance in their line-up of major ingredients.
What are the effects of free radicals?
Free radicals bring in a lot of degenerative conditions to the body such as:
- Arthritis or inflammation of one’s joints
- Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease, and general damage to nerve cells in the brain
- Blindness caused by deterioration of one’s eye lens
- Speeds up the aging process
- Damaged cell DNAs could lead to different types of cancers
- Higher chances of coronary heart diseases
Where can one get antioxidants naturally?
Food is a great source of natural antioxidants. Here are some of the best food sources:
- Vitamin E – you can get this from various nuts, oils, seeds, and whole grains
- Vitamin C – this you can get from citrus fruits such as kiwi, oranges, strawberries, and mangoes
- Beta-carotene – get this from spinach, carrots, and pumpkin
- Lycopene – watermelon and tomatoes are rich in lycopene
- Zinc – this is also a great source of antioxidants. Found in seafood, nuts, milk, and lean meat, zinc can help your get more antioxidants in your body.
How about argan oil?
Argan oil is a natural oil that also comes from nuts. These nuts are grown, harvested, and made into oil in Morocco. Argan oil is not only good because it is an all natural product, it is also wonderful because it has extremely high contents of antioxidants. So if it is looking young you are after, application of cosmetic argan oil to your skin will lessen the lines on your face. If it’s better health you are looking for, then using culinary argan oil for your dishes will do loads of good.
Antioxidants being good for you are definitely not a myth. Backed up by science and tested by many, having enough antioxidants in your body will help you become more beautiful and healthier.
Filed Under: Argan Oil in General