Who Says Broiled Tastes Boring?
Tired of eating or serving grilled or fried pork chops? Have you ever tried broiling them? Many people think that broiling anything results to a boring taste. This is definitely not true! Here is a recipe that would make you appreciate broiled meat and maybe even crave it incessantly!
This recipe lets your tastebuds explore and enjoy the savoury flavours of Asia. Teriyaki glaze with toasted sesame oil give this dish a very unique sweet and savory taste.
Let us not delay your excitement further. Here are the ingredients you would need for the Broiled Pork Chops with Teriyaki Glaze recipe.
Broiled Pork Chops with Teriyaki Glaze
The ingredients for this dish are very easy to find. Go to your friendly grocery store and grab these ingredients.
- Pork Chops – If you are serving for 4 people, then you would only need 4 pork chops. Make sure that you pick the boneless loin chops with 3/4-inch thickness.
- Teriyaki Glaze – You will only need a quarter cup.
- New potatoes – You would need about 12 ounces of new potatoes. Pick out the tiny ones then cut them in quarters.
- Olive oil – You would only need a tablespoon.
- Toasted sesame oil – You’d also need only a tablespoon.
- Salt – A quarter teaspoon of salt is all you would need.
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/8 teaspoon is enough.
- Moroccan Argan oil – You would need about 2 tablespoons.
- Pea pods – This is optional but if you want you can serve pea pods on the side.
Preparing the Dish
Now that you have all your ingredients, let us start getting busy in the kitchen.
- Step 1. The first thing you need to do is preheat your broiler. Get your teriyaki glaze and brush both sides of the chops with it. Place the chops on one side of the rack of your broiler and set it aside first.
- Step 2. Get a bowl large enough to fit your potatoes. Add in the olive oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Toss your potatoes in these spices until they are evenly coated. Get back to the rack and place your potatoes on the other half next to the chops.
- Step 3. Start broilinh your pork and potatoes for about 11 minutes or until they are done. You’ll need to turn the pork and potatoes once. Remember to have the heat on 160 degrees Fahrenheit and broil 4 inches from heat.
- Step 4. If you’re gpoing to add pea pods then just combine the pea pods with the potatoes and toss.
- Step 5. Right before serving, drizzle your broiled chops with Moroccan Argan oil. Have a teriyaki glaze in the table ready for dips.
- Fancy Up Your Weeknight Dinners with this Recipe!
- Baked and Stuffed Pork Chops
- Balsamic Pork Chops on the Nutty Side!
- Fresh and Healthy Salad Drizzled with Moroccan Argan Oil
- Get Warmed Up with Brunswick Stew
Filed Under: Culinary Argan Oil