Your Teens Having Acne Worries? Read On for Solutions!
Do you have a son or daughter in their teens? Teen years is when everything is melodramatic. Everything feels like the end of the world. This is also when pimples start to pop up as if teenage life is not hard enough. As a mother you would always want to protect your children from anything no matter how old they may be. And this includes protecting them from the physically and emotionally scarring stage of acne breakouts.
Moms, you can help your teens cope with acne better. First off, here are some important things you need to know.
Acne, What is it?
Before your children hit puberty they should know that acne breakouts will be highly possible. As children transsition to their teenage years, going through puberty stage, their hormones start going haywire. Their changing hormone levels combined with the bacteria-causing acne which normally resides on the skin cause those terrible acne breakouts. And it seems that breakouts happen almost everytime you want to look dashing and beautiful as ever. Talk about breakouts happening just a day before junior or senior prom, graduation, a party, and other important occasions for teens.
Dealing with Acne
When it comes to solving acne problems, teens would usually consult each other. However most of the time they share wrong information about acne and wrong treatments as well. Before acne breakouts start, it is better that you talk to your teens about acne, how to prevent breakouts and how to treat them.
Moms, here are some things you can do to help prevent acne breakouts from worrying your teens.
- Make sure that you get your teens a mild soap minus any fragrance.
- Tell your kids never to wash their face with body wash and that they only wash their faces twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
Here’s what you moms can do once your teens experience skin breakouts.
- For mild to moderate acne, get the Moroccan Argan oil and let your teens apply it regularly on their face, once in the morning and once before bedtime. The Moroccan Argan oil contains Vitamin E which promotes skin’s health and can prevent scarring from acne. It also contains essential fatty acids which regulate sebum production. Teens would usually suffer from oily skin which can worsen acne breakouts as sebum is nourishment for the acne-causing bacteria.
- You can also go to the drugstore and get an over the counter medication for acne that has benzoyl peroxide. Dab the medication directly on your teen’s pimples. This medication usually solves the problem.
- It is also best to get your teens to the dermatologist’s office. The skin doctor can assess the acne and recommend medications, either pills or topical ointments. Be sure that your teens follow the dermatlogist’s advice on application or intake of prescribed acne medication.
- Serve your teens meals packed with nutrients that are great for the skin. Leafy greens and fish contain antioxidants and essential fatty acids that are great for the skin.
- Read on for Effective Acne Solutions!
- Preventing Acne Breakout for Teens
- Moroccan Argan Oil Kicks Acne Worries Away
- Fighting Acne with Moroccan Argan Oil
- Teach Your Teens the Proper Way to Care for the Skin
Filed Under: Argan & Acné